What is your Shadow?
Shadow is that part of you which you have suppressed, buried, denied or hidden so that you do not feel emotions like anger, pain, guilt, fear, unworthiness or embarrassment. Your Shadow consists of all that you do not want to confront. It is quite natural for us to turn towards the Light, that which makes us feel good. In doing so we forget that we also have a Shadow side to us.
What happens when we do not face our Shadow?
Throughout my life I never wanted to confront my Shadow. I found it very painful and threatening. I kept moving towards what I wanted. Every time I came close to what I wanted, I found myself pushed back by situations and circumstances to the very place that I started off to begin with. It was frustrating. Worse, I knew some pattern was playing out but I was not aware how to identify and change it.
When I joined the School of the Modern Mystic and began to work on my chakras I understood the reason why I never got what I wanted. It was because I did not confront all the pain, anger, guilt, unworthiness that lived inside of me. In a way I am grateful that I never got what I wanted because my motivation to get what I wanted was ego-based. I can see that now.
- I struggled with my relationships and never felt a deep connection with another.
- I had a bunch of health issues but medically nothing was ever found to be wrong with me.
- I had amazing career plans but whenever I reached a breakthrough somehow I was always pushed back and I lost opportunities.
- I struggled with family issues a lot.
- I could not have a good relationship with money. When I was in the corporate sector I earned a lot but then spent it all. When I began my business I could hardly bring in any money.
- I lost my confidence, self-esteem and felt misplaced in this world.
- I was afraid of living and then afraid that I would die without having lived my life the way I wanted to.
- I always self-sabotaged when any exciting thing happened for me or to me.
- I blamed everyone, including me, for the state that I was in.
Working with my chakras and communicating with them assisted me to get to the core of all what was happening to me. I realized that I was creating all this. Well, actually my energy field was creating all this due to the locked emotions and the pain that I wasn't willing to feel.
I am still learning to embrace my Shadow.
I am still working on deeper parts of my Shadow.
I am still hunting my Shadows down so that I can bring in more Light to my life and my world.
What is the gift of the Shadow?
Its been quite a few months since I began this work. The biggest gift for me has been the realization that I am larger than my pain. When I be with the pain and let it pass through me, I come through the other side with more Light and a lighter consciousness. This simple gift has changed the way I perceive everything and everyone. It has created a paradigm shift in my thinking and feeling process.
I have also started seeing the mind-body connection in great detail. This is such a huge piece for me because now I can determine why I have a certain illness or a certain state of health. I do visit doctors as it is important to get support while on this journey. Every illness need not be mind generated. Here your body intuition can guide you to look deeper into the illness and figure out any mind associations that exist. This excites me because now I can put all that I have learned through my experiences into the coaching work I do.
I connected to my life purpose and am currently sorting out my life to get it effectively organized around my purpose.
I am connecting with people on a more deeper level and feeling the oneness with them.
I am learning to lovingly speak my truth and to see myself through my own eyes of perception.
I firmly believe that I am dropping my karma by moving through my Shadows and it is not going to come back to me or my future generations. It is almost as though the DNA is re-programming itself to reveal certain beliefs, patterns and instructions.
And all of this process has only just begun...